About The Body Mechanic®
Click here to see a video about The Body Mechanic
Thomas Wells, founder and CEO of The Body Mechanic®, is a respected bodyworker and educator in Santa Rosa, California.
He has over 20 years of experience eliminating pain and improving function for all types of clients, from professional athletes to couch potatoes. He holds credentials from numerous alternative health and fitness institutions such as the National Academy of Sports Medicine and the Prague School of Rehabilitation.
He is a nationally-licensed and California-certified massage therapist and worked for many years as a personal trainer specializing in corrective exercise. Thomas teaches several therapeutic modalities to physicians, chiropractors, physical therapists, athletic trainers, yoga/Pilates instructors and of course fellow bodyworkers from around the world. In addition, he has also taught courses in Advanced Functional Anatomy and Integrated Muscle-Testing and Palpation.
Thomas holds the following qualifications/credentials:
- CAMTC Certified Massage Therapist (certification #27097)
- Nationally Licensed Massage Therapist (FSMTB)
- Masters Certified ART® Provider
- Certified Master NKT® Practitioner and Instructor
- Advanced P-DTR® Practitioner and Instructor
- Member, Ironman® Provider Network
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
- Level 5 Bowen Therapist
- Selective Functional Movement Assessments (SFMA) Practitioner
- Level 1 Certified Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Professional
- Craniosacral Therapy Practitioner
- Lymphatic Drainage Therapy Practitioner (Chikly Health Institute)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Certified Exercise Trainer
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Certified Sports Fitness Specialist
- Cellular Release Technique Practitioner
- Anatomy in Motion (AiM) Practitioner